Thursday 24 April 2014

Volcano The Bear ‎– "Classic Erasmus Fusion" (Beta-lactam Ring Records ‎– mt092a) 2006

More Outsider avant garde folk hybridisms from Volcano the Bear's insiders from without,who used to be into Grunge when I first met 'em! Well they weren’t when they made this double CD, after consuming the experimental bowels of Leicesters european prog peddlers in the Ultima Thule platterie  en face de la gare du Leicester. Throughly digesting the minutia and regurgitating it as this wacky eclectic mishmash of aural tomfoolery. If "Inhazer Decline" was their 'Revolver', this was their 'White Album'.
Like most double albums, it could have made a fantastic EP.

Tracklist:

1-1 Classic Erasmus Fusion
1-2 Did You Ever Feel Like Jesus?
1-3 The Merry Potter
1-4 Ong Paté
1-5 Russian Milk
1-6 Baroque Sensation
1-7 Sharp As The Queens Teeth
1-8 Hey Judo
1-9 Baltic Minor
1-10 Lifetime
1-11 Classic Autumn Fusion
2-1 Hail The New Mephisto
2-2 The Last Song Of Norway
2-3 Shadowfishing
2-4 My Favourite Tongues
2-5 Erasmus, The Queens Dentist
2-6 See Me Now

DOWNLOAD 17 erasmus fusion classics HERE!

4 comments:

Mr. P said...

Loved Ultima Thule. Crack in the Cosmic Egg was an essential resource.
They even peddled some prog my way in the states, even though I spent much time in the EU digging through vinyl shops.

Mr. P said...

I also knew Chris from Beta-Lactam Ring. We met as he would come into the Post Office where I worked to ship out his orders. I soon began collecting all those releases with their avant packaging. 7 inch singles made of wood, yes please.

sgtwilko said...

The Ultima Thule was one of the finest record shops in the UK and next door to the Kohinoor, possibly the roughest Indian restaurant I've ever eaten in.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Correct..Sgt wilko. I once returned from London and had a curry as soon as i got off the Train at the station opposite Ultima Thule and the Kohinoor. The Boss of the restaurant noticed my large bag of records,and asked if i wanted to play one while i ate.....i choose The Monks,and he played it.It quite a bit of disgruntled moaning noises from the other clients.We found this amusing...they might be rough but they wouldn't touch me and me mate..they were scared of us.
Ultima Thule..full of weirdo's,including myself....its still going from the freeman bros home..mailorder only....one day it may return,but i doubt it.