Wednesday 9 July 2014

Various Artists - "The Street Level EP" - (Fuck Off Records FEP 002) 1980


The Street Level EP released on Fuck Off Records in 1980. What we have here is the usual mixture of Here and Now/Street Level supergroups, and Bands that existed purely to get on a vinyl record then disappear. Such a noble lack of ambition that many in this world could learn from and adopt it as a sustainable way of extending the life of this planet. Especially impressed by "The Entire Cosmos", with 'Gary from Newcastle' on Guitar, which shows off the 'prog' roots of the Street Level scene. The Voltones unleash an early indie pop classic in "Poisoned", with a jaunty punk pop number From Vince Pie and the Crumbs to complete this DIY quartet of Street Level classics.  

Track Listing:

Pontin Stomp VINCE PIE AND THE CRUMBS
Blues Exterminator BLUE MIDNIGHT
Poisoned THE VOLTONES
Looking For You THE ENTIRE COSMOS

DOWNLOAD the street level ep HERE!

9 comments:

dlz1965 said...

Holy Crap, I'd forgotten all about this beast. I've just re-discovered it in the attic along with an Entire Cosmos tape of similar vintage (also on Fuck Off Wreckords it says here).

Jonny Zchivago said...

Hey, Dlz, is any way you can rip the Entire Cosmos cassette for the greater good of mankind?
JZ

dlz1965 said...

Done. How can I get a copy to you?

Jonny Zchivago said...

if you're ripping it digitally, you can either e-mail it(jonnyzchivago@yahoo.co.uk), or upload it to mediafire or somthin' similar. If you're copying it in an analogue fashion(cassette), you can send it to me via snail mail.
J.Zchivago,
41 Grand Rue,
34520 Le Caylar,
France.

Great Stuff.
We await your decision.
We're depending on ya.
You will get a the appropriate plaudits and credits for this service of course.
JZ

dlz1965 said...

Hi Jonny

Entire Cosmos tape winging its way to your inbox via wetransfer.com. Just uploading now so you should have it within the hour. My scanner has died so no cover I'm afraid. I'll bet there's an image on the wonderful wanky web somewhere, if only I could be bothered to look!

If anyone out there has a copy of the Blank Space tape or Here & Now's "Past Masters Vol 1" please take one step forward.

Nic said...

I have the Blank Space tape somewhere upstairs. If I ever get around to digitising it, you'll be the first to know.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Well Nic, I'm sure I don't have to stress the cultural importance of digitizing this tape for the good of mankind, do I?
We remain patient,awaiting this day.
Cheers.

dee_seejay said...

Ta Jonny - didn't know you had this one. Someone just mentioned it and I thought I'd have a look. Got The Entire Cosmos somewhere too :)

Jonny Zchivago said...

We aim to please.