It became clear that all was not well at Ron Johnson records when, in desperation, this pile of crud was licenced and released, to try and compete with local rival label Earache; who had cornered the new wave of abstract hardcore , with Napalm Death and a plethora of similar metal/punk hybrids. Earache, from near-by Nottingham, were not only the fastest growing independent label, they were raking the money in.Every release stormed the Independent charts with careless abandon; whereas Ron Johnson were running out of steam. The Sewer Zombies' flatulent fuzzy US Hardcore,was, along with the hugely disappointing Great Leap Forward (bIG fLAME offshoot), were the final nails in the coffin of RJ records.Comfortably the worst record on this hallowed label.
Tracklist:
Sewer A:
A1 Search
A2 Too Many Police
A3 Executive Execution
A4 They Died With Their Willie Nelson T-Shirts On
A5 Never
A6 Reach Out
Sewer B:
B1 Zheeta
B2 Piss
B3 I Got Something To Say
B4 They Had No Right
B5 Message To The Christian Church
B6 From Below
Bonus Track:
Hcruhc Naitsirhc Eht Ot Egassem


3 comments:
Link isn't working :/
Yes it is.....click on the download icon in the right hand corner of the screen (the downward pointing arrow thing).....then a warning comes up, then click "Download Anyway"
I'll be the judge of that (whether this is the worst RJ release)! Never really got round to hearing it properly. Thanks for the Ron Johnson stuff (and so much more) on here, I have far fewer records these days, nor many cassettes...I do have a lot of CDs still, but anyway I listen to downloads more than anything now so it's great to be able to access so much here that I don't have. So ta.
Oh btw there's a new Mackenzies release out - A Dog's Breakfast - dunno what you'll make of it, some old ones and rehashes and finally-completed tracks.. A mate of mine who used to love 'em says it sounds like they've sucked the life out of the old songs, I quite like it meself.
Post a Comment