Wednesday 4 June 2014

Doo-Dooettes with Keiji Haino & Rick Potts ‎– "Free Rock" (P.S.F. Records ‎– PSFD-131) 1982


This is without doubt one of the finest pieces of music I have ever heard. A collaboration between Free Music's finest improvisers, The Los Angeles free Music Society and Fushitsusha's Keiji Haino.Recorded in 1982, and released, finally, in 2002 on the legendary japanese label P.S.F.
It does exactly what it says on the sleeve, it's free rock, very experimental Free Rock, but nevertheless Rock,albeit,Free of Rock as ballast to hold it down.
To some this sounds like several persons ,who can't play their instruments, recorded in seperate rooms. At times one is reminded of AMM's interplaying Radio and strings,which is praise indeed; but with the outsider rock of Haino,this is elevated to some self-proving musical M-theory,powered by the Dark energy of channeled 'out-there-ness'. This is all the proof I need that other membrane universes exist just nanometres away from us; we just need inspired artists to reveal them.
Or, it could all be just a complete fucking NOISE!......and what’s wrong with that?
Inspiration, Insight, Intuition, plus the opposite of Intelligence = real intelligence. Or I*+I#+I°+[-I]= I(\infty).

Tracklist:


1 Blueprint For The Shimmering Quivers Of The Deep Purple Ultraviolet Tuning Fork 34:54

4 comments:

A. S. said...

I was not aware this existed. Fantastic.

The title is clearly Haino's doing.

Anonymous said...

Holy Snappers! "Free"dom at it's finest.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Well I feel Free,lets all be free together! Lynch the landlord!

dee_seejay said...

fantastic :D