Thursday 16 January 2014

Bene Gesserit - "Live in Belgium and Holland" ( Insane Music INS21/ Calypso Now ) 1983


Daddies of Beligian minimal wave, Bene Gesserit, show us how it should be done in a live environment, with their best tape. Full of raw analogue electronics, and plenty blood-curdling female screaming, especially at the end of side A. This is how you do it basically, a lesson in technology abuse from Alain Neffe and partner(s), and should be played to a teenager near you.
This is the version released on Calypso Now from Switzerland; there at least five other versions, including one on Alain Neffe's own Insane Music label.
Tracks A2, A3, A4, A6, A7, B3 and B4 recorded live at the Riches-Claires, Brussels, 9/4/1983 at
Tracks A1, B1, B2 and B5 recorded live at the Plan K, Brussels, 30/4/1983 at 3.00 am.
Tracks A5, A8 and B6 recorded live at Paard van Troye, Den Haag, 12/2/1983 at 01.00 am.


Track Listing:


A1
From The Plan K. With Laughs

A2
Same Old Story

A3
Tonight

A4
Alles Ist...

A5
Erg Habbania

A6
Le Rapt

A7
Rock Yoko

A8
Crazy Monkees

B1
Insanités

B2
Neon Lights!!

B3
Death Is Not A Betrayal

B4
Moki-Toki Oka-Owa

B5
Little Lady

B6
From Dune, With Laughs

DOWNLOAD this live lesson in electronic ear candy HERE!

3 comments:

Robert said...

I think this is only the A Side of the cassette.
Thank you.
Robert

/Jörg, Sweden said...

Long time no see...I'd forgotten about Bene Gesserit until I saw the new Dune movie (from where the name is taken...the book, that is). The first movie was released in 1984.

Thanx btw,
Jörg (I DL'd these tapes here many years ago...and lost them somehow...maybe I burnt them on a CD-R or three? But I got thousands and thousands, and not in any order whatsoever...nowadays, I prefer HDDs'.

I remember their first LP (which I bought) and many, many Var. Art. tapes from Les Disques du Crépuscule and other, classic companies (Industrial in UK...). And I saw à;GRUMH... , Click Click and some of the other BPM bands from Belgium/NL in Malmö, Sweden in the mid-80s. But I sold all my ~6,000 LPs already in 2007...yada, yada, yada.

Jonny Zchivago said...

CD-R's are the worst invention ever.
Yeah i sold a load of vinyl around 2004,ripped it all to hard drive of course,although some of it i did at 128k,which was the itunes standard back then....sounds ok to me,although i do get complaints on the blog if i post any of that.....i raised enough to put a deposit on a house. Cassettes fetch silly money these days too.