Thursday 30 January 2014

Years On Earth ‎– "Worlds Apart" - (YOE-3) 1983


Shadowy minimal electronics from Years On earth's third self released cassette.
It really does sound like its beamed from a planet called 1983, with its unsynced arpeggiators and claustrophobic broom cupboard ambiance. Ghostly whispered vocals; done normally so as not to disturb mum and dad watching The Generation Game on TV of a Saturday evening. The only effect on offer seems to be a Tape echo of an unknown brand,regularly producing a slap back echo for the vocals and the cheap guitar stabs.Great hand played synth lines permeating acres of fuzzy space; a warning from the Industrial wastelands of the 1980's,when the UK was transforming into the Bank led credit vacuum we know and hate today.This is a fate that awaits all Industrial nations that followed;so listen and hear your futures beamed from a troubled past.
Check their earlier cassette "Site" HERE.

Tracklist

A1
Dreams Carry
A2
Madness In Motion
A3
Worlds Apart
A4
Dual Spirit
A5
Circle
A6
I.D.Being
B1
Tunnel Vision
B2
Domain
B3
Prisoners
B4
On The Ice
B5
Founders Day
B6
Let The Power Fall


DOWNLOAD from worlds apart HERE!

13 comments:

bill said...

Lush and gorgeous. Possibly nsfw, I'm finding this debilitating in the best possible way.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Imagine Kenny Everett saying that in character as Cupid Stunt?

bill said...

hahaha! I am. Good old Kenny.

CkoviNS said...

I'm uploading
Years On Earth ‎– The Structure Of Chance on mediafire
when it be finished I'll put link here!

Jonny Zchivago said...

Superb uploading sir.I did have a request from someone for that.

CkoviNS said...

Here it is...you can make post with this compilation...yes, I'd read about request so I decided...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r1f2139lh1rry3k/years+on+earth+-+the+structure+of+chance+%282012%29.rar

Carlo said...

Thank you.
I was looking for all these excellente releases!
Carlo

Jonny Zchivago said...

On behalf of everyone, I thank you Ckovins.You are a true guardian of Culture.
Carlo,download the Structure of Chance box set,it has all the cassettes remastered and some unreleased stuff.

Carlo said...

Hi Ckovins,
I've noticed that from the compilation "The Structure of Chance" are missing the tracks of Side C (1st side of 2nd LP), with the songs from the K7 "Worlds Apart".
Any chance to post them?
Thank you.
Carlo

kevinesse said...

JZ! THis priceless music is non known to me until now!!! a million thanks to you and to Ckovins!!! Between this and Davey Williams my world has vastly improved since i have learned to D.I.M. daily!

Jonny Zchivago said...

Ah poor Davey's now left us, but at least 'we' still have years on earth.
I listen to all this shit while I work,and there are times when i get up out of my chair,hang up my active gas welding appliance, and check my iPod as to who exactly is playing. The most common are DAF's first album, 'Produkt',which unbelievebly great, that Esmectations album on Year Zero,(i got a shit memory for band names y'see!), and anything by Years On Earth!

YOE said...

Hi, the 40th Anniversary YOE compilation is now up on our Youtube channel. Released and unreleased tracks for 90 minutes. Bob

J.S. said...

i really have a love-hate relationship with frank maier of the vod label, because obviously as we know, pirating, specially from super underground independent artists like these is a terrible thing to do, the bastard doesn't make it easy even when you're trying in a honest way. lps are an outdated format for today's world, useful for a selected few who can afford the luxury, and honestly patience to mantain the habit. also, for wonderful music like this continues to be restricted to a smaller audience, unknown and unaprecciated