Monday 15 April 2019

Jandek ‎– "Glasgow Friday" (Corwood Industries ‎– CORWOOD 0791) 2008



It's Jandek Monday at Brigadoon,as featured on the cover.Except that the castle pictured is Dunluce Castle in Northern Ireland.
Recorded on the 14th of October 2005 at The Arches in Glasgow. Performing as part of the Instal festival, the same festival and venue at which he had made his unannounced live debut in 2004 ("Glasgow Sunday").
The main feature of this performance is how Jandek appears to be tuning up before every section!? I guess he's just making sure he's not in any standard tuning before the cacophony begins.Tuned to the key of whatever.
Tracklist:

1 Walking Blues 13:08
2 Goodbye Today 6:45
3 This Wasted Life 6:14
4 Slave Of The River 6:08
5 My Plan 10:48
6 If I Could Be With You 6:36
7 Out And About 6:13
8 These Kokomos 9:24
9 Something New 5:41
10 Arms Of A Stranger 6:47


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love is in the air...

Anonymous said...

Yes, more Jandek! Big love!

Anonymous said...

Jandek makes the world go round!

rev.b said...

The key of whatever. Nice one! I never realized tuning was an issue with the representative

kevinesse said...

your jandek writeups are always a joy. And well suited to his.......output. I don't really understand how you are able to upload any music that can be named. I suppose it's none of my business. Do the Mnemonists fill the prerequisite of doityouselfness needed here? I can't find Gyromancy on the stupid web to save my soul! Hope you are well, signed, Hugh G. Rection

Jonny Zchivago said...

Thanks Hugh G. Rection, do you know Hugh E. Rection by any chance?
Now you've got me all excited, i can confirm that a link for 'Gyromancy' will appear in these comments in approximately one hours time.
Love Hugh Jarse.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Told ya....
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p8e9p55of4e55kn/Mnemonists.rar/file