Monday 20 August 2018

Jandek ‎– "The Gone Wait" (Corwood Industries ‎– Corwood 0773) 2003



NO....Jandek Monday hasn't ended....yet.The wait for the resumption has well and truly ....er.... Gone?
A poignant cover photo of dummy Brides for sale presages a grim future for human relationships...so say I!......Jandek, however, is more concerned with the 'waiting' aspect of existential human suffering. The spectre of death, or even worse, the spectre of eternal punishment, or even worse, eternal simpering lovliness incarserated in some an insipid prison posing as some kind of sick paradise. Fuck that, gimmie peaceful oblivion, gimmie escape from existence, gimmie Jandek in his detuned bass phase.
This is a great album, even by normal standards......but who wants 'Normal'????...thats the stuff Heaven is made of......like I said before...FUCK THAT!


Tracklist:

1 I Went To Hell 6:39
2 I See The Open Door 6:04
3 I Was A King 10:24
4 I Just Might Go Now 10:27
5 I Found The Right Change 6:00


No comments: