Sorry, just gotta have a bitch about something first!
If I had something on Vinyl-On-Demand to post I would, as Its founder seems to be claiming some moral High-ground over us with the 'Fucked Up Morals', for using photographs of someone else's cassette inserts,for which apparently gives the photographer ownership rights(if you don't want it copied don't put it on the internet!?); and for selling luxury products to Bourgeois record collectors,then complaing that listening to some lo-fi MP3's is robbing him of his thirty pieces of gold.Its an advert sonny-jim, and owning these astronomically expensive re-issues (not new stuff)is about the object/product/ and its posession not sharing poor copies of the music. Its like slagging off the John Peel Show for playing records of unknown musicians.Most of which, as is the case with this blog,are grateful that they aren't forgotten.In some cases it has revived their creativity, if not their career!If the public don't wanna pay for your products its because they don't think its value for money....its called market forces.If it don't sell its because no-one wants it.
I'm not supporting the artist apparently too!?
Simply by featuring the artist on a very popular blog one is supporting the artist, as most 99% of the artists who have contacted me, have shown appreciation for this, i think that says something....the other 1% are in it for some other reason rather than the music. Slagging me off is like slagging robin hood and praising the Sheriff of Nottingham.....or even worse supporting Nottingham Forest instead of Leicester City.
I also apprently block criticism,which if you read the comments section you will find is a sad lie.I have never received so much as a whisper from this person,or if i did, it was published.
Sorry for disrespecting the memory of Sten Hansen,but i resent being condecended to by a jumped up record snob capitalist.
In their world, sharing is theft!?.....especially in these times,Property is theft.and copyright is Left.
I've washed my hands again, so i'll begin....Sten Hanson is Sweden's answer to England's Bob Cobbing and France's Henri Chopin. A sound poet -- or text-sound composer as the Swedish like to call this art form....The Suedes, in fact all Scandinavians always seem to get everything right. But they have one advantage over us mongrels...they have the Genetics to allow everything to work.Where the rest of the world panics, they remain stoic. One prime example is how to cope with Corna Virus, by carrying on almost as normal.
As highlighted here on "La Destruction de Votre Code Génétique par Drogues, Toxines et Irradiation" ("The Destruction of Your Genetic Code by Drugs, Toxins and Irradiation"): a robotic-like Hanson runs through the alphabetic sequence of human DNA, but the cut-and-paste sequence becomes gradually corrupted.
Even when their famed laid back DNA is under attack, they don't get carried away.
Keeping in mind that some of this stuff dates back to the dawn of recording technology, this is a highly interesting work of voice and electronics. At times simple tapeloops and other tape-technology which is now lost knowledge in the world of computers, but also at times synthesizers and other such apparatus.
So,here we have a compilation spanning nearly 40 years of sten hanson’s text-sound oeuvres,from the modern home of Text-sound,and common sense, Scandinavia.
1. Dance Figure (for EP) (1´55´´).
2. Coucher et souffler (3´21´´).
3. Che (1´20´´).
4. La destruction de votre code génétique par drogues, toxins et irradiation (3´33´´).
5. How are you (2´21´´).
6. Don´t hesitate do it, do it right now (2´56´´).
7. Railroad Poem or Kaffe i Hackås (2´41´´).
8. Revolution (3´38´´).
9. Tête à tête (5´04´´).
10. Au 197.0 (4´57´´).
11. Subface (4´10´´).
12. Hermetic Back Poem (2´47´´).
13. For Fylax with Love (1´21´´).
14. The New York Lament (3´56´´).
15. Bestiary (2´06´´).
16. Am strengsten verboten (2´40´´).
17. After John (1´15´´).
18. Skärp dig för fan (2´59´´).
19. That Jackson is my favourite poet (2´28´´).
20. Variations on a Theme by Laaban (2´07´´).
21. Pronto, pronto (2´18´´).
22. Snake Jerroth (4´57´´).
23. Oscar idkar (2´02´´).
24. O Altitudo (1´56´´).
25. Finale (2´38´´).
DOWNLOAD these gems and trinkets HERE!