Thursday 13 April 2023

Guerilla Toss – "Gay Disco" (NNA Tapes – NNA069) 2013



 "Electronic, Rock, Funk / Soul" are the genre's Discogs struggles to classify the music presented here on "Gay Disco" by Guerilla Toss with.....bless their little on the spectrum Record Collector brains.
I've got it in for Record Collectors and Musicians alike,maybe because i'm those despicable things too,and I hate Myself?
It pretty obvious ,if you've read my blurb ,that i certainly don't hate myself, but am uncomfortable at referring to oneself in the first person,which is a definite sign that i'm not a Psycho-path ;but a psychopath would say that wouldn't he?.....whoops i've just switched to the third person? Maybe I am a Psychopath?
That's impossible because Psycho's aren't losers like me,or should I say, like him?
Objectively, i'm also not a loser,but a successfully smug bourgeois property owner....maxed out my credit cards(this is 20 years hence),stiffed some landlords,and moved to the cheapo real estate EU. 
Whence once one believed in the property is theft ideal, until i noticed that rent was more than twice what i would have to pay if I actually owned a house;I now pay zero rent or mortgage,and own my place of work too.
Theft is in fact theft,and Crass realised the same thing...yes Crass are bourgeois property thieves themselves...oh the irony!? One has new found respect of our cuddly Anarchist nemesis's.
Gay Disco, I once thought, was a good name for a band ,envious of the confrontational magic of the "Homosexuals" moniker as i/he was.
Again if you like Melt banana, this is for you.
Basically,It's abstract, noisy , mutant "ElectronicRockFunk / Soul"...maybe without the soul bit.Just chuck every genre that ever existed after WW2 into a concrete mixer, and the resulting concrete would sound a bit like this...if concrete was indeed music,which I solemnly believe that it is...HE hath spake.
To quote Crass again..."They'd almost paid their mortgage when the system dropped its Bomb"....now,if there was consciousness after death, that would seriously fuck me/him off!

Tracklist:

A1 Trash Bed 4:43
A2 Pink Elephant 4:41
A3 Operate 6:07
B4 Sugar Better 4:49
B5 Club Kids 5:10
B6 Gay Disco 3:58


3 comments:

Loud said...


Heeey! Great blog, I've added you to my blog list! I hope you could do the same!
https://realscreamers.blogspot.com/
Cheers!

Jonny Zchivago said...

Blink 182?????

rev.b said...

I never knew I was a fan of gay disco before now. What am I going to tell my folks? Oh wait, they're dead so they really don't care. Come to think of it, they prolly wouldn't if the were alive. I like this band. Bet they'd hold ALL gender preferences at bay. Good on um, and to youze for the introduction. A breath of fresh air after all the crud by that Jandek jerk. He's dead now too, inn't he?