Saturday 29 September 2018

The Dead C. ‎– "43 Sketch For A Poster" (Diabolic Root) 1987


The Dead C are Dead good ain't dey?
On their second C-30 of 1987, each member seems to be playing in isolation inside their own cardboard box. Scraping their instruments as if the definition of music was left blank in the dictionary, replaced by a description of what a song might be, written in the blood of a deaf mute.Filling the vacuum with toxic primordial gases.
Its Pol Pot Pop,a Khymer Rouge version of rock, stripped back to a single cell organism playing dead underneath the corpse of Punk Rock in the Killing Fields of Rock'n'Roll.Thats what this is. 

Tracklist:
A1 Crazy I Know
A2 3 Years
A3 Polio
B1 Retune
B2 Light My Fire
B3 3 Years
B4 Crazy I Know


4 comments:

Slacker said...

Loving the current NZ thread! This is another one I've never been able to find. My favourite one of theirs is Harsh 70s Reality, which I think is about as far out there as it's possible to go.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Was gonna put Harsh 70s Reality up, but its too popular i suppose?....The second best NZ record ever imho.....The Gordons LP i reckon beats it?...But the 'C' rule as a body of work unsurpassed in the guitar combo league.

Slacker said...

I can never decide on what I think is the best this or that album, especially given the diversity of the stuff that came out of NZ, but I will say that the first Gordons LP is indeed a worthy shout. The two Xpressway comps are pretty great, too - one of my favourite bits of off-centre guitar whangery is Stephen Kilroy's '45 degrees below frozen' off 'pile=up'.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Indeed, Pile=Up 1&2 are coming up.....yes Kilroys track was very Flying Saucer attack type stuff,could listen to droning guitars and effects all day.