Sunday 19 October 2014

The Static ‎– "Theoretical Record" (Theoretical Records ‎– TR 02) 1979

 

I have released many theoretical records in my dreams, but not many of them reached the sublime heights of the sole theoretical release by The Static. The profoundly accurate “My relationship” has to be in my top ten songs of all time. In two words,and less chords,or dis-chords, it accurately recreates the awful tension of emotional/sexual relationships perfectly. The horrendous subtle,and unsubtle, control of the person you 'Love' or 'Possess'. The petty jealousies, the little irritations that grow incrementally into Titanic problems......you know what I mean? Hopefully you don't identify with this tune and have a blissfully unproblematic and happy 'Relationship'. If so, well done. Then listen to this and understand the other side of the coin. I'm not Bitter, honest!

Tracklist:


A My Relationship
Bass, Backing Vocals – Barbara Ess, Drums, Backing Vocals – Christine Hahn, Guitar,Vocals - Glenn Branca
3:05
B Don't Let Me Stop You
Drums – Christine Hahn, Guitar – Barbara Ess, Guitar,Vocals - Glenn Branca
5:01

Download theoretically HERE!


3 comments:

Deocliciano Okssipin Vieira, aka Ochyming said...

Thank you VERY much!

Anonymous said...

"My top ten songs of all time"
That would be some post!

Jonny Zchivago said...

Mmmm, yes,a trifle self-indulgent? But i may just give that a go.My top ten tunes would ,however ,feature things that are well-known and not strictly DIY of course. I may well impose this on everyone at a later date.