Thursday 30 October 2014

Various Artists ‎– "Kassettentäter Vol.2 - Deutscher-Kassetten-Untergrund 1980-1983"


Unlike France, our old chums in Germany sure know how to this modern music thing. Not having once visited the place, I cannot spew the same vitriol I have for the country I am trapped in.Even though,my Father was force marched in circles there at gun point by the Volksturm,and witnessed the Dresden bombing atrocity at first hand, I cannot hold anything but affection for Germans.Yes, they have the worst table manners of any nation state,and the dress sense of an Albanian with a Versace voucher, I quite like their tortured arrogance. One of my German acquaintances once ,like Harry Enfields character Jurgen the German, apologised to me for his country's conduct during the war (no joke!).

Kassettentäter vol. 2 reveals one of the favourite German pastimes (resists war reference),mucking about with technology. A panzer full of synths , like a squadron of Stuka's ,dive bombing their lo-fi analogue beauty onto a Telefunken cassette deck loaded with a BASF ferric C-60.(sorry, I couldn't resist ,”I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!”). The result is a clutch of a bizarre, fuzzy,minimal tunes straight from some murky U-Bahn to Kassette Himmel.

Apology's for my German,it was all learnt from the hundreds of War magazines my father bought me as a child,so its pretty limited.This is why I was always the German when we played War games as a kid........well they had the best uniforms didn't they; designed by Hugo Boss. Sartorially, all downhill from there I’m afraid.

(Check out Volume 1 Here!)

Tracklist

A1 Vexierende Textur Industrie-Tanz
A2 Bill Bo Plitsch Platsch
A3 Frauen Von Avignon Meine Liebe Mit Den Gelben Haaren
A4 Hans Kim + Die Schwarze Hand Moped Fahren
A5 Inex Tremis Kukuxklan
A6 Bodenpersonal Tote Räume
A7 Die Unerträglichen Zerstörung
B1 Tic, Tric & Trac Bewustseinstörung
B2 Heute Kinder Der Ohnmacht
B3 Kanalwasserspaziergänger Turbo (Formel1)
B4 Treibeis Vinylbabies (Die Telefonpüppchen)
B5 Ich Letzte Gedanken
B6 Säurekeller Amerika Führt Krieg

DOWNLOAD der ubermensch of the untergrund HERE!

4 comments:

Pisŧöff said...

I've got Vol 1 somewhere if you'd like JayZee.


-PeaVey

Pisŧöff said...

nevermind

Anonymous said...


JZ,
Do you have any of the later volumes of this series? Really great stuff!!

Anonymous said...

Much respect for sharing with me and others. Thank you!