Monday 3 December 2018

Jandek ‎– "New Orleans Monday" (Corwood Industries ‎– CORWOOD 0822) 2016


It's monday again, so it must be 2009, New Orleans,Jandek,with Piano, in a live setting?
Not much music is as perfect for a Monday than Jandek improvising on a piano for one hour? Ably backed up on,what sounds like a steel guitar,Theremin or some kind of effected electronics by Sheila.
If I turned up for a Jandek gig, and they wheeled out the Piano, I'm sure I would leave the auditorium immeadiately, probably without asking for my twenty dollars back.
The bonus is, we get another photo of Jandek as child,with that classic off-center kodak instamatic effect that dogged everyones photo album in the 60's and seventies. Another piece to force into the Jandek jigsaw puzzle?
Maybe he's a real life replicant (from "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep"),and these photo's were part of the personality implants that gave the androids their feelings of 'self'? That would explain a whole lot, except his longevity.
One things for sure, this fellow certainly enhances ones own existential crisis to an uncomfortable level.

Tracklisting:

1. The Fantasy (59:12)

DOWNLOAD the fantasy that jandek is a pianist HERE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at this show. I went strictly to say “I saw Jandek” but ended up completely absorbed by the music. I’m listening to it right now and it holds up.