Friday 15 June 2018

Various Artists ‎– "Rumponia-An Answer Within" (Rumpo Records ‎– RUMP LP 01) 1982



Yep, another compilation featuring the same  bands from The Northampton Musicians Collective.
Its got the excellent 'Workshop' on here, along with lots of terrible singers, and plenty proto-indie types.
Its a bit scratchy, but there are no cassette versions or CD versions, so we're stuck with it.....but who cares? Its a window with an interesting view into the dark world of the local post-punk world of 1982....in Northampton?!

DOWNLOAD and reveal the answer within HERE!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel bad now because Rumpo records sent me loads of stickers but I never bought any of their stuff. I stuck all the stickers up though

W. said...

According to Discogs Rumpo Records only had four releases and one of those was a cassette - "White On Black (Experiments With Mass)" which I would love to hear.

They also put out a 12" by The Tempest - who were a variation on The Syndromes and I remember it being pretty good in a poppy kind of way.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Yeah would love to hear experiments with mass too.One day maybe?