Friday 30 September 2016

Dr. Feelgood ‎– "Stupidity" United Artists UAS 29990) 1976


This must be the only number one album on this blog? Indeed this was a UK chart topping outing from Dr Feelgood. A fairly standard Live album, where the boys run through a selection from their first two albums plus a couple of covers. Nothing unusual happens, which is the problem with most live album. The atmosphere doesn't even really sound as electrified as you'd expect at a peak Feelgoods performance. I'd see the point if the albums were overproduced, but they were virtually live in the studio as it was. A typical gap filling cash-in by a major record company......but an excellent one however pointless.I suppose a video would help,as a recording is lacking the visual aspect of Wilko Johnson's stage antics....a vital ingredient.

Tracklist:

Sheffield Side:

I'm Talking About You 1:52
Twenty Yards Behind 1:50
Stupidity 2:00
All Through The City 2:44
I'm A Man 5:05
Walking The Dog 3:05
She Does It Right 2:58

Southend Side:

Going Back Home 2:55
I Don't Mind 2:44
Back In The Night 3:04
I'm A Hog For You 3:15
Checkin' Up On My Baby 3:47
Roxette 3:00

2 comments:

northern wind said...

Thank you for the uploading!
Allow me one Q: The post refered to 13 songs (13th=Roxxete)The file also contains a 15th song=J. be Good. No 14th song exist. Any explanation?
Thank you in advance! Greetings from Greece.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Sorry no clue what happened there without investigating & I can't be bothered to do that.