Wednesday, 28 October 2015

Come ‎– "Rampton" (Come Organisation ‎– WDC 881001) 1979





I noticed that MAP had a tune that referenced Rampton Mental Hospital, which gives us a chance to link to William Bennett's avant rock arm of Come Org's, "Rampton" by Come.
William provides some suitably discordant electric guitar, underpinned by Dr death(aka Daniel Miller aka the Normal)'s minimal synth basslines. It's almost commercial and scores relatively high on the listenable scale as compared to sister project Whitehouse (maybe a 4 compared to a zero). the usual themes are still in evidence,namely Mental Illness, pervy sex and murder. Jolly old stuff indeed.


Tracklist:

A1The Prats
A2Come Sunday
A3Iron Man
A4Sex
B1Rampton 1
B2Rampton 2
B3Shaved Slits 2

DOWNLOAD some mild electric shock treatment HERE!

14 comments:

Craig Fryatt said...

Track one is not included in the download

Jonny Zchivago said...

Oh Bloody Hell what a Prat I am!? I'll look into it when i get back home...i'm away.

Petty Vendetta said...

"Rampton comes alive"

Anonymous said...

Rampton was quite the topic those days - Bristol punx Disorder had the "Rampton Song" , on their "Mental Disorder" ep I think? Cheers, looking forward to hearing this - Chris (Belgium)

Anonymous said...

Great upload, and great blog! Do you have anything by Ritualistic School of Errors?
Cheers,Eric.

Jonny Zchivago said...

No,but I wish I did.

Herr A said...

Thanks a lot for some more merry melodies, Mr Z!

Craig Fryatt said...

Has the 1st track been added yet jZ

Jonny Zchivago said...

No yet Craig....i'm still away from my studio.I'll leave a message in the comments when i have.

Alan Burns said...

Anon above mentioned Rampton being a big topic back in the day when this record came out - might've been the 'Secret Hospital' documentary on ITV on '79 that was an influence, I'm sure I read somewhere that WB admitted as much, possibly on one of the old Susan Lawly message boards. Apparently the 2-part docu is impossible to find these days; a few years back the BFI were offering to make one-off copies at £100+ per episode!

This is a great album, you can really hear WB starting to find his direction - once the guitars were dropped you're pretty much into Birthdeath Experience territory.

Jonny Zchivago said...

OK Craig.....the full album has now been re-upped, including track one, "The Prats". As of Nov 1st 2015.
I apologise for the cock-up.

Jonny Zchivago said...

Yes Alan, this is a great album, and one i would listen to for pleasure.I think I prefer it to most Whitehouse albums.(They're a bit samey aren't they?)

CRUOR INCENDIA said...

Hey Jonny, was this post "Come - Debut" maybe a year ago by chance? I downloaded it (I am pretty sure) from this blog but I'm wondering if it was the incomplete Rampton album. Thanks for the great posts btw, and I agree that Come is more interesting than Whitehouse on many levels....

Jonny Zchivago said...

As far as I know its complete? I forgot to add track one "The Prats" but i'm sure i added it later.But knowing me i probably re-upped the incomplete file by shear fuckuppery.